Prince of Peace
The image of Christ was painted by Akiane Kramarik.
There are several remarkable factors regarding the image, including the claim:
of Arkaine Kramarik that she saw Jesus, as she later depicted in her painting, during a visit to heaven when she was four years old.
of Colton Burpo, who identified the image as that of the encounter he had with Jesus, also during a visit to heaven at age 4. (cf. Todd Burpo, Heaven is For Real, Thomas Nelson, 2010 available at Amazon)
that the facial features in this painting match those of the Shroud of Turin, e.g.:
"We are all in total awe here, at this Russian television station! We compared Akianes's extraordinary painting Prince of Peace with the computerized image taken from the Shroud Of Turin, that was hanging in my office. To our complete shock and marvel we found virtually an exact match! It is a miracle and it must come from God! There are no words to describe how a little 8-year-old girl could portray such wisdom, compassion and love in the eyes she painted. The technical and emotional details along with the visual strength in her paintings are astounding and stupendous! When I have a difficult day, all I need to do is to look at her paintings. In her striking self-portrait the light literally comes forth from her...What a mission on earth she carries! Bravo!"
- Jurij Sizenov Nikolaevich Shabolovka (Russian television and radio network). From www.artakiane.com/press - accessed 27 June 2011
(I recognize the above quote is not that of an expert in the science and may well be challenged by one who prefers scepticism. Further reflections on the diverse ways people respond to such a profound encounter have been posted on my blog entry of June 7, 2011.)
Most important however is to know and follow him who is the Prince of Peace. You may recognize his title from the prophecy of Isaiah 9:1-7 which includes the following words anticipating to the birth of Jesus the Messiah:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Note that the same person who is Prince of Peace is also Mighty God and Everlasting Father - no less than God come down from heaven to enable man to know heaven with God forever.
Jesus Christ is Prince of Peace, Messiah and Lord of all...
- Big Questions
- Who is God?
- The meaning of life?
- Importance of Worldview
- 'Journey Inward' and 'Journey Outward'
- Time: our only Non-Renewable Resource
- Mortality and How to Benefit from It
- Christ's Identity and Invitation
- Your Decision
- Barriers to Faith
- Why Believe?
- Faith and Understanding
- Implications of Your Decision
- Acting On Your Decision to Follow
- Deepening Through Scripture
- How to Benefit from Daily Reflection on the Scriptures
- Chapter by Chapter: Practical and Pastoral Observations to Help us Live as Followers of Christ
- Deepening Our Relationship with Christ
- Engaging Community
- Understanding Mission
- Expressing Christ's Character
- Living in Hope
- Facing Persecution
- Serving the Lord of All
- Deepening Through Scripture
- What is Mission?
- Jesus' Mission
- Our Call to Mission
- Arenas of Mission
- Writing Your Personal Mission Statement
- Rhythm of Life and Mission